Friday, September 7, 2007

Hunt for new bags

The white satchel that I've been toting around all summer has finally retired. As much as I love it, it's too weathered, I need to give the leather a good conditioning and let it rest. So I'm hunting for a fall bag. The company I work for is right beside a university. So quite often we go to the Tim Hortons on campus for our coffee breaks. I'm seeing so many happy freshmen running around the place. That brings me back some fond memories of my frosh week in university. I'm surprised to see quite a few kids with some very enviable bags, oversize totes, hobos, and messenger bags. Where was my fashion sense back then? lol. I'm jealous! So I'm leaning towards bags of more of utility nature. Not that I want to look like a student again (hmm...I still do live like a student in some aspects, like eating PJ sandwiches and instant noodles more often than I should, and using my student card to get discounts where I shouldn't, hehe :), but there's a certain chicness to that look. And I have a couple of trainings to go on this fall, so maybe I can indulge myself then :p. More importantly, I love (and need) oversize bags.

I'm getting this bag. The color is so different from any bag that I currently own. And the shape is adorable. A friend of mine just got back from her graduation trip to South Korea and she bought half a dozen bags from the Korean brand Ogam. They are beyond cute. Imagine my envy :p
Ogam Shirred Flab Tote $65

I'm also keeping my options open. I like a good variety.
Mangostar Snake Skin Embossed Duffle Bag Camel $75, a foolproof bag, goes with anything you wear.

Chez Toi Suede Messenger Bag for Unisex $60, a cute structured messenger in this season's it color, grey.

7 Sign Leather Patch Denim Tote Bag $72. Normally I don't like demin bags. They are pretty low on my coveted list, mainly because the ones I see are really passe in design and cheap in quality. This one is so not those things! Love the orange leather patches against a dark wash (a must for a crisper look) demin background. And the burgundy straps and trims add a bit of sophstication. The website sells this bag as a guy's bag, but it's totally a girl's bag in my opinion! My guy wouldn't be caught dead in a bag like this (or any bag for that matter). Let's save this one for us girls.

IRONB Genuine Leather Large Tote $188. Again, another bag supposedly targetted towards guys, but I think it'd look much better against my dark purple chunky sweater dress.

GIANNOTTI 4-Pocket Belted Satchel $35. Gorgeous color combo and the belt would come handy when I need to lug around notebooks and stuff on my training. For only $35, it's a steal.

No comments: