Sunday, September 16, 2007

One thing I really want - gloves!

God, I now know why private house sales can be a huge pain in the ass, especially when you try to buy from somebody (supposedly a friend) you know. We just came back from an unsuccessful negotiation of a house sale whose house belongs to somebody who works at the same company as I (it's a big company). I really thought we'd have a deal 'cause she said we were friends and the price would be negotiable. But let's just she's a effin greedy bitch. And the whole thing gave me a HUGE headache, literally. So I went to the mall on the way back to get a Blizzard to appease myself. And I wanted to look for long gloves and arm warmers. I'm so glad they are huge this season. This is one trend that I'm excited. They are no longer just a necessary accessory to keep you warm. They decidedly bring a grown-up, elegant, lady-like aesthetic to your wardrobe, and instantly elevate the look and mood of any outfit. Variable lengths are all great, but I particularly like the long ones. I want a pair in leather (I don't know if I'll be bold enough to go patent on these) and a pair in cashmere or wool.


(Badgley Mischka, Zac Posen, Joanna Mastroianni, Rodarte)

Carolina Amato Gloves Opera-Length Leather Gloves, Red $285

Echo Long Side Button Glovesicon $195

Vince Ribbed Cashmere Glovesicon $135

DONDUP Leather Glovesicon $170

Marc by Marc Jacobs Elongated merino gloves $98

McQ Wool fingerless gloves $113

Alice + Olivia Polka Dot Fingerless GlovesAlice + Olivia Polka Dot Fingerless Gloves $95

Nordstrom Long Cashmere Glovesicon $42

Nordstrom Cashmere Military Glovesicon $48

Nordstrom Open Fingerless Cashmere Glovesicon $45

No comments: