Monday, January 22, 2007

Fedoras on guys


Speaking of hats in my previous post, I think guys should wear hats more often too, but not the baseball cap or trucker hat variety, but the fedora. I think it is HOT. It has an old-world gentlemanly feel, but on a young guy, it's just so funky and stylish, exemplified by Justin Timberlake. An article in New York Times, Old Hat? Not on a Young Head, talks about this trend. My guy and I were shopping the other day, I made him try on a few just for shits and giggles. They looked pretty good on him. However I'd have a hard convincing him to actually wear one. Like he says, we're suburbnites, it'd look over the top here, unless we go shopping on Queen Street West in Toronto.

1 comment:

s.i. michaels said...

Definitely. The baseball cap makes guys look like perpetual college students. The fedora makes them look like suave mofos. There's just no comparison.