Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Nude lips



(from Canada Fashion Magazine February 2007 issue)

I've always been a fan of pale pink/nude lips. It's great to see nude lips will be big again in the spring. There's something soft and innocent about that look. Fashion magazine says "Nude lips lose their ho-hum attitude this season with a sexy shift toward delicious glamour. An antidote to fall's steamy red lips, a natural mouth factors into the nuder-than-nude essage that dominates this spring in a completely modern way. Not unlike red, perfecting the look can be a challenge, and you'll want to steer it away from its former life as a '90s neutral staple. According to Toronto makeup artist Lisa Aharon, 'select shades that have a more pink tone to them.' A more natural complement to your own lip colour, it won't leave an empty space on your face."

Their picks for nude lipsticks in the picture are (from top to bottom, plus the background "pool"):

* Annabelle rough Velours Creme Lipstick $8 in "Twiggy".
* Bobbi Brown Lip Color $27 in "Uber Beige".
* Lola Cosmetics Lip Creme $24 in "Vienna".
* N.Y.C. Ultra Last Lipwear $2 in "420B Mousse".
* L'Oreal Paris Colour Juice Stick $11 in "Personali-tea".
* M.A.C. Amplified Creme Lipstick $17 in "Half 'N Half".
* Pout Lipstick $25 in "Rebound".
* Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Pur Lipstick $35 in "132 Nude Beige".
* Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick $10 in "Almost Nude".

I think I might pick up some of the cheaper versions in the list. Have you tried any of these? Or are you going to try them? Let me know which ones you like :)

2 comments:

Dinah said...

I have not tried any of them but I think I may pick up a few of them that are on your list.

Blooming Lily said...

I just went "drug store" cosmetic shopping and got some lip glosses from Loreal from the hi-intensity line. They have some great nude-brown sort of colors. I also like the vanilla-ish smell. And, they actually stay put on your lips. Some people don't like scents in their lip stuff, but I do. And, they are only about $8 U.S. (they were having a 2 for 1 special so I got 2!)