Monday, July 30, 2007

When not to wear a dress

We went canoeing with some friends on the weekend. I gotta say it was great fun, despite the fact that one couple capsized when they hit a rock in a shallow part of the river not even 50 meters from the starting point. Not a good start for first-timers, but they were such good sports. If it had been me, I would've cried, lol. No, not really, but I would've been bitching and moaning about having to wear wet clothes for 3 hours. I was glad I didn't decide to wear one of my dresses (yep I contemplated that, silly me), 'cause I did end up getting my shorts wet with the splashing of the water. But it was all great fun. So when's a good time not to wear a dress? When you go canoeing. Because there's no way you'd look like a lady climbing in and out of the canoe shrieking that you are going to tip over if your guy isn't holding down the boat steady enough for you. When's a good time to wear a dress? When you've reached the destination after a 3-hour arduous trip, and you are being rewarded with an all-you-can-eat sushi dinner with great friends.

Diane von Furstenberg Abri Wrap DressDiane von Furstenberg Abri Wrap Dress $345

Rachel Pally V Neck Side Drape DressRachel Pally V Neck Side Drape Dress $257

No comments: