Monday, April 2, 2007

DIY facial masks

Facial masks are so popular in Asia like you wouldn't believe.
(SKII Facial Treatment Mask $78.00, my dream mask)

Girls spend a fortune on those technologically advanced masks. My cousin uses masks every other day. I don't have her discipline. I was watching a Chinese beauty show the other day and the celebs on the show were talking about their beauty tips. I learned this great tip -- Soak your cotton pads with the toner and put them on your face, and voila, you got your own mask. Go with a toner that is free of alcohol and anti-oxidants rich and drench your skin with it. That's a much more effective way to retain moisture and the ingredients than just swipe your face with a cotton pad with the toner for 5 seconds. I use Biotherm Biosource Softening Lotion - Alcohol-Free $16.


I don't do the whole face, just on my eyes and cheeks 'cause they are a little drier. Afterwards my face feels really supple and the moisturizer gets obsorbed much better too.

1 comment:

Sha said...

I KNOW! I AM CRAZY OBSESSED WITH FACIAL MASKS! Haha. But I heard SKII is just over-hyped junk :s

And I also do that toner cotton pad thing! Only on the cheeks though. Sometimes I leave it on overnight, or until they dry and don't stick so well, this was a tip from my facial-ist.