Sunday, May 27, 2007

I'm back!

Bonjour cheries! I'm back from Paris. It was a jam-packed week. We did so much sightseeing and walking, I am exhausted. I could really use another vacation. I bought your standard souvenirs and trinkets, including a beret ;-) I'm a little disappointed that I didn't do much real shopping. We only went to Avenue des Champs Elysees (the famous fashion street) on the last day. Younger girls are in trendy clothes like the rest of the world. Zara, H&M and Mango are everywhere there. Parisian women are definitely not conservative in their way of dressing. There were a lot of cleavages showing. Many women didn't wear bras. Even the older ladies. And strangely visible panty lines and bras under see-through blouses don't seem to be problems there. I guess you could say they are very confident in their body image. I was more impressed with the way men dressed there. I saw many men in dressier clothes on the streets, complete with accessories like "man purses" as my guy called them. We think they are more inclined to dress up on a daily basis, and just aren't afraid to be snazzy dressers, unlike North American guys, who either don't want to bother or don't want to be made fun of, being called "metrosexual" or "flamboyant". Here are some shots I snapped on the streets.

(a crisply dressed and well-matched couple)












(Love the red boots with the red floral mini dress on that girl)










(black & white is still Parisian ladies' fave color combo)










(an impeccably dressed lady)







(a beautiful bag at a Dior store)






(a huge Louis Vitton store on Anenue des Champs-Elysees)


(at Chanel)

No comments: