Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Maxi-dresses

So have we had enough mini-dresses? Certainly not this girl. But along with tons of minis that we've been seeing, you gotta have the maxis too apparently. They are flying off the shelves everywhere. I haven't worn a dress that long, touching my ankles. I'm not that tall, so I'm concerned about a dress that long will make me look short. And the print is very important, 'cause it covers such a large area, you better make sure it flatters your skin tone. I haven't decided if I should get one, perhaps I should experiment. They do look very beautiful and romantic on the models because they have legs that are a mile long. What are your thoughts on them? Telephgraph's Hilary Alexander tells you how to

Maximise the look:

  • Sport a great pedicure, not Earth Mother toenails
  • Accessorise with jewelled thongs, not 'Jesus' sandals
  • Wearing a push-up bra is de rigueur, not burning it
  • Celebrity culture reigns supreme, not counterculture
  • Douse yourself in designer perfume, not patchouli oil


Goddess Long Chiffon Dress in SapphireGoddess Long Chiffon Dress in Sapphire $275

American Girl Dress in NoirAmerican Girl Dress in Noir $242

HIGH TWIST RAYON SPANDEX MAXI DRESSHIGH TWIST RAYON SPANDEX MAXI DRESS $198

PRINTED MATTE JERSEY MAXIE DRESSPRINTED MATTE JERSEY MAXIE DRESS $138

Mariska Dress in Vintage FloralMariska Dress in Vintage Floral $407 $209.65

Alloy HIBISCUS MAXI DRESS $39.50

Old Navy Women's Long Floral Halter DressesOld Navy Women's Long Floral Halter Dresses $34.50

2 comments:

Blooming Lily said...

OH!! I love that red hibicus dress. Only 39!!! I am off to buy...I hope!!

s.i. michaels said...

I wish this was a look I could pull off but I'm just too short.