Thursday, May 3, 2007

Tights that can get rid of cellulite?

Would you believe that there was a pair of tights that could get rid of cellulite? When I first read about it, I thought it was a joke! But such tights do exist. They are Palmer Slim Fit 20. Now I have no idea if they really work. It sounds like a gimmick to me. The tights are infused with microcapsules that time-release caffeine into the skin when tiggered by body heat. Each pair's caffeine lasts four washings, and the company claims that the coffee hose will reduce thighs by a full two centimetres when worn for 28 days. Does that sounds completely far-fetched to you? It sure does to me -- too good to be true -- just like those slimming patches that tricked so many. If it was that easy, nobody would have cellulite. But apparently many women bought into it and they are completely sold out (they are sold on a UK website tightsplease.co.uk).

(Source: Fashion Magazine May issue)

3 comments:

Fashionasia said...

I think the theory is same as all slimming corsetts.......slimming by making you sweat!!!

Moi said...

Ya...we all know that's only temporary. And...eww! imagine sweating in your tights all day. can't be pleasant!

Anonymous said...

Cool post, I put up a similar one over on my blog in response.