Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Ask Petite Chou - doctor's skincare lines

This is a question that I've been wondering too.

Dear Ma Petite Chou,

There seems to be so many Doctor and Dermatologist created skincare lines. They all have incredible claims and because they are doctors they must know things that we don't, right? It's really hard to pick one. Do you have a favorite?

Dana


Doctor created skincare lines are so seductive, aren't they? Every time I hear about a doctor's line, I want to try it. I naturally want to believe what the doctor says about the miracles their products can perform. But alas I can't try them all, most of them tend to be very expensive. I love reading reviews about these products. If you don't regularly check out MakeupAlley, you should. It's my fave cosmetics review site. So back to the question, I wish I had a much better picture of all the doctor lines on the market, I can only speak with my very limited knowledge that MD Skincare by Dr. Dennis Gross is my favorite. All of the products are fragrance-free so they do not irritate any sensitive skin. The serums and moisturizers aim to protect and repair skin. So if you are looking for great anti-aging products, invest your money in some of its moisturizers and sunscreens.

MD Skincare Hydra-Pure Oil Free Moisture $75. The best seller for the brand, seriously a formidable moisturizer. I wish this could be a staple on my bathroom counter, but it's just not cheap. I got it when I was going through a pretty bad phase of breakouts on my face. My doctor prescribed Diffrin for me. It made my skin so dry, red and itchy. But I was scared of putting any moisturizer on my face in fear of making the breakouts worse. My pores just love to trap everything and anything inside them. This moisturizer really helped me through the tough time. Besides containing a boatload of antioxidants and cell-repairing agents that your skin will just happily soak up, it also has this high-tech compound called Chelating Complex which prevents metals in the tap water from binding to your skin cells. Sounds complicated huh? I don't understand it. I just know the moisturizer makes the skin all nice and smooth.

Powerful Sun Protection SPF 30 Sunscreen Lotion $42. I have a friend who swears by this sunscreen, says it's much more than a sunscreen, it's got all the good stuff of a moisturizer plus the sun protection. She just forgoes any moisturizer and wears the sunscreen alone. It also contains the compound Chelating Complex.

Continuous Eye Hydration Advanced Technology $45. This is an all-encompassing eye serum. It provides intense hydration, delivers antioxidants, boosts collagen production, de-puffs the eye area, AND protects against milia-causing residue, you know those pesky white little bumps that grow around the eye when you use a cream that's way too rich for your skin, well you don't have to worry about that with this eye serum.

So does anybody use MD Skincare and love it? What other lines do you like? If you have a favorite, please recommend!

No comments: