Friday, March 9, 2007

Keep the shine in check

Among my must-have makeup items that I carry with me everyday is oil-blotting tissues. I absolutely have to have them to keep my t-zone shine-free, especially in the office where it's so dry due to indoor heating, which makes my skin dry and oily at the same time. Isn't that weird? I heard that's because when the environment and the air around you is so dry, your skin tries to compensate by increasing the oil production to protect itself. It's a double-whammy! If it's true, then it sucks. If you have this problem too, then you must drink lots of water throughout the day and generously apply a water-based moisturizer. But that'd be another post for another day. I keep a pack of oil-blotting tissues close by at all times.

Clinique Pore Minimizer Oil Blotting Sheets

Clinique Pore Minimizer Oil Blotting Sheets
$14 for 50 sheets. This is the one I'm using right now. It has great absorbing power, and it doesn't disturb my makeup.

Bobbi Brown Blotting Papers 100 Sheets

Bobbi Brown Blotting Papers 100 Sheets
$20. I also tried a few sheets from Holt Renfrew's Bobbi Brown counter. They worked great. They come in a refillable black faux-leather case with a mirror, which is really handy. Maybe next time I'll get this one after I've gone through all my Clinique ones. Come to think of it, these are of better value anyway.

One more thing, I don't recommend oil-blotting sheets that are powdered. If you need to blot your face more than twice a day, the powder will accumulate and at the end of the day you'll run the risk of looking cakey, especially if you have foundation on already. And you know when you have too much powder on, those pesky fine lines are going to be more noticeable.

No comments: