Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Skin MD Natural


The nice people at Skin MD Natural sent me a sample of their product to try and review. Have any of you heard of this product?

First, this is some bits of the blurb that they provided me.

Conventional mositurizing lotions only attempt to replace a lack of natural moisture with artificial moisture but the problem is it comes off every time you wash or touch something. Until now, all one could do to alleviate a dry skin problem was to apply conventional moisturizing lotions. In order for any moisture to actually improve a dry skin condition it needs to get below the second major layer of skin. In reality the only moisture that is going to reach this level is your skin's own natural moisture.
...
Unlike artificial moisturizers, Skin MD Natural bonds with the outer most layer of skin cells to turn it into what works like an invisible shield. This "invisible shield" keeps moisture-robbing irritants out while helping to retain your skin's own natural moisture, resulting in skin that is far better hydrated, over the long term, than what can be achieved by conventional lotions.


Basically it's claiming to be more effective at hydrating your skin and keeping the moisture in for much longer than other moisturizers. It has natural antimicrobial agents and natural ingredients such as vitamin E, chamomile, arnica montana. It protects your skin from the environmental harm. It sounds like such a serious moisturizer.

I've been using it for a couple of days. I thought it was going to be some thick greasy cream. But surprisingly the lotion is very light and clean. Since the bottle says it's for face, hands, and body, I decided to put it on my face as well. I put on after I put on my other usual facial creams. I can't speak for its long-term effect or any big improvement on the skin. All I can say is it's easily absorbed by my skin and it doesn't feel greasy or look shiny afterwards. Definitely no negative effects. But I can't say that I feel my skin's significantly more hydrated than before. My hands do feel soft and smooth, that's because I apply it whenever I need it, especially after I wash my hands. I guess it's like anything else, you need to use it for a good amount of time consistently to see big results.

If you are curious about this, check out their website, it's full of scientific information from doctors. The bottle they sent me is 120 ml/4 oz., which is listed as $25 on the website.

1 comment:

BroderWriter said...

Me too--I got a free sample, and was skeptical, naturally. But from the moment I smoothed in on the dry skin on the backs of my hands (I'm a 40-something), I saw a difference--peachy! And my skin continued to stay soft for hours. I'd slather it on everywhere if I could, I like it so much, but I reasoned that at $25 for four ounces, I'd hate to get addicted to it. I do think the whole shielding lotion idea is the next generation of skin creams. Let us know how your testing is going.