Monday, March 26, 2007

Renew and protect your skin

Hey dolls, thanks for visiting. If you are bored at work, hope my little blog can provide a bit of fashion and shopping fix for you. I know I get bored at work ;).

So ladies, do you change your skincare routine now that a new season's upon us? I feel besides using an antioxident-rich moisturizer, it's absolutely imperative to exfoliate and wear sunscreens. I don't believe in scrubs. I use alpha hydroxy acid and Beta Hydroxy acid at nighttime. Scrubs tear at your skin, and they don't work continously and gently like the acids. And beta hydroxy acid can get into the pores to get rid of the blackheads. Physical scrubbing just can't accomplish that. Even though the immediate effect feels pretty good afterwards, but it's only temporary. I'm using Paula's Choice Clearly Remarkable Skin Lightening Gel $14.95 right now.
It has both beta hydroxy acid and hydroquinone to keep my skin free of blemishes and the freckles at bay. It takes religious application, but it's totally worth it. In my opinion, Paula's Choice has some of the most effective exfoliants on the market and they are very reasonably priced.

I cannot stress enough the importance of sunscreens. And they must contain UVA shielding ingredients such as titanium dioxide, zinc oxide, avobenzone, and Mexoryl SX. I do my damnedest to avoid tanning because tanning means skin damage. I must have 10 sunscreens, ranging from SPF 15 to SPF 55 for different days of various suncare needs. My most trusted sunscreen is
Shiseido Extra Smooth Sun Protection Lotion SPF 30 PA+

$34.
If you've been reading my site for a while, you probably know my love for Shiseido's sunscreens for their non-greasy silky texture and effective protection.

Biotherm also has excellent sunscreens. I use Biotherm Biopur Melting Moisturizing Marifying Fluid SPF 15 For Combination/Oily Skin $32 on the days that I'm mostly indoor. It really helps my skin stay matte all day. And it has anti-oxidants. You can never have enough anti-oxidants in your skincare products.


On days that I need more protection I use Neutrogena Ultra Sheer, Dry-Touch Sunblock, SPF 55 $9.99 and Age Shield Sunblock, SPF 45 $11.29. The Age Shield is a bit greasy for my face, so I use it on my hands. I carry it in my bag so I can put it on after I wash my hands every time. Don't forget your hands, dolls.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great advice! Do you get Shiseido from strawberrynet or a Shiseido store?

Moi said...

I buy shiseido from their cosmectic counter at a department store. Last time I bought 2 bottles for $40 each. I've been finding that you can get better deals online, such as Strawberrynet. I'm going to buy it online from now on.

Anonymous said...

Ordering online is great, I just worry that the stuff is different, i.e. for the Asian market, and not Europe/Americas which can matter sometimes. Also, expiration dates tend to be pretty early for StrawberryNet stuff. I'm debating, hate going to counters.