Thursday, March 15, 2007

What about the handle?

Peety Cleo in Bone

Peety Cleo in Bone

$273. I am undecided about this bag. First I thought I was in love with it. The color is great, the pleated leather looks super soft and feminine. Then the big cut-out handle started to look a bit weird. The proportion seems a little off. And the slanted shape is such a contrast to the bag's soft round body. I mean maybe that is the point, to create a contrast and give it drama to an otherwise a tame and girly bag. Dolls, what do you think?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too am torn. I think it looks more like a nice "display" bag than an even slightly functional purse. The handle looks uncomfortable but the color and leather are lovely.

Anonymous said...

the only thing i dont really like about it is the handle... but tats what makes it unique... idk... id they shrank the handle a littlee...

S. said...

I like it ALOT. But, I'm questioning the comfort and practicality of the handle. The handle half makes it though. Probably best to avoid it.

I adore those Bebe shoes below and your welcome-to-spring cropped jacket and flats above. Wearable and attractive.

Blooming Lily said...

no. But, I love the dress!! great color. love the strapless and the pleat detail! What is the dress do you know??

Anonymous said...

Wow.. i like it~ it looks really unique and REALLY beautifully made. i love the material. it looks really smooth and soft. Although the handle may look awkward at first, but it's really interesting. Really lovely design!