Saturday, March 31, 2007

Look at me thrifting

A couple of weeks ago, my guy and I dropped off two huge bags of clothes at Goodwill. After that, I decided to browse the racks there. I didn't find anything I liked (I did however like this one pair of red shoes, but they weren't in my size). I said to my guy, "I'm always marveled at the cool things some girls can pick up at thrift stores. They can just spot a hidden treasure so easily. All I see is ...". "Crap?" my guy said. "Yeah, sadly." I said.
The girls at Do This Don't and (Into) the Fray have inspired me to go to the thrift stores again today. I went to Value Village and Goodwill.











I told myself to be very patient and not to dismiss anything at a first glance. I find that I need to be less discriminating towards things that I normally wouldn't get, things that are a bit strange or off, but when I look at them closely, they have a uniqueness that I don't find elsewhere.

In the end I picked up these two pairs of shoes, a pair of black and white slingbacks and a pair of light lavender pumps. I like their retro look, they remind me of some of the shoes my mom wore when I was little. I wanted to get more, but for now I'm satisfied with what I found.

2 comments:

Dinah said...

I actually found a pair of Manolo Blahnik flat zebra-print shoes while visiting a friend out of state in a thrift store. Since they where a size 5 my best friend got them as her birthday gift but I was so sad that I could not keep them for myself.

Moi said...

*gasp* you found a pair of Manolos? Wow that's never happened to me. Lucky your friend for having such small feet :)