Thursday, August 16, 2007

Ask Petite Chou - Lipstick with SPF

Love getting emails from you, my fashionista friends :D

"Hi, you've mentioned before that you only wear lipsticks that have SPF. So which ones do you like?

Kristy"

Yep, Kristy, I think I just proclaimed my love for a new favorite chapstick-style lip gloss with SPF 15, Tarte 23/7 Lip Sheer SPF 15 not long ago. It's so incredibly important to protect your lips. The skin on the lips is so thin and delicate, the harmful rays will suck the moisture right out of it and disrupt the collagen tissue, so overtime the lips will shrivel up and be full of lines (the horrors!). When you select the lipcolor with SPF, be sure to read the ingredient list. It gotta have titanium dioxide, zinc oxide, or avobenzone to guaranteed the proper sun protection. When I go to Sephora, I don't even look at lipcolors that don't have SPF anymore. I might be missing out on a lot of fantastic lip glosses and lipsticks without sunscreen this way, I'm just anal. But don't worry, you don't have to give up your favorite lipstick yet. You can wear them after the sun goes down ;)

Bare Escentuals Lip Guard SPF 15 Miami Beach $14. I love its sheer rosy shade. Full of antioxidnats from grape seed oil, aloe vera, vitamins A, C, E, and shea butter to keep lips full of lustrous shine. Dry lips be gone!

TheBalm BalmShelter SPF 17 Tinted Gloss Daddy's Girl $18. Color is so sheer and pretty, your lips will look good enough to eat.

Lancome LE ROUGE ABSOLU - Reshaping & Replenishing LipColour SPF 15 Amande Sucree $25. Rich color and plenty of moisture, makes your lips look super plump for 6 hours!


Juice Beauty SPF 15 Tinted Lip Moisturizers $15. This set of three mineral-tinted lip moisturizers combine SPF 15 sun protection with certified organic emollient plant oils, peach essences and honey to keep your lips super soft.

PERFECT WEAR All-Day Comfort Lipstick SPF 12 $8. This one is really long wear and moisturizing at the same time. But I really wish they would make it SPF 15. Why do companies make sunscreens with weird numbers like 12? If you're going to put in the effort, why not make it SPF 15 which is the minimum these days? But nevertheless it's a pretty good lipstick for just $8.

1 comment:

Melody said...

I totally agree with the weird spf number thing - I bought a sunscreen at Bath & Body Workshop, and instead of spf 30, it's spf 29. But then again, I don't mind so much, so far it's the only sunscreen that doesn't leave me with greasy, light-reflecting face.

Btw, do you have any recommendations for moisturizer with built-in sunscreen? I know you mentioned Clarin's Bright Plus in another post a while ago, how does that one compare with Peter Thomas Roth's Max All Day Moisture Defense SPF 30 (<- this one had higher ratings on MUA)? Thanks! I'm glad I finally found someone who's as anal about sunscreen as I am ;P