Thursday, August 30, 2007

eBay woes and joys

99% of the time I love eBay. The other 1% of the time that I wish I never buy anything from eBay again. Well it's not eBay's fault, it's those difficult sellers that make me wish I never dealt with them. So I just bought a soymilk maker. The seller refused to accept my payment through Paypal saying that he doesn't have a Paypal account and he will only accept money order or personal checks. Who doesn't have a Paypal account these days? And would you send cash to somebody you don't know? I did that once, the seller took my money and disappeared. So you can understand why I was wary of it. After I pleaded with him that I'd pay through Paypal and he still refused, I sent him a check in Canadian funds in the amount that's equivalent of the USD. He said his bank does not convert currencies. Now what American bank doesn't convert currencies, especially from Canadian to US? Anyway, this is turning out to be a big hassle. My lesson to you is always make sure the seller accepts Paypal before you bid. That'll make your life much easier.

But anyway, eBay's full of good stuff, I won't let that stop me from snatching up awesome deals. I'm going to share with you a fab vintage store that I discovered not long ago, Mill Street Vintage. It has super cute vintage clothes from the 60s, 70s, and 80s. Right now they don't have a whole lot in stock, but definitely keep your eye on it. Sometimes they have a ton of stuff. Everything starts at low starting bid, like this adorable 70s Peach DEEP V Side Ties Boho Disco Dress XS/S $12.95.



And I love this 70s Black White 4-LEAF CLOVER Mod Mini Dress S/M $12.95. I love anything Mod.


And how awesome are these Taupe Leather ROUCHED Slouchy Knee High Boots 7.5!! It's at $12.95 right now. With a gem like this, you know there must be a dozen (if not more) people watching it.

No comments: