Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Lip Exfoliants

The summer sun has wreaked havoc on my lips, I'm sad to say, dispite the fact that I wear chapstick or lip gloss with SPF 15 everyday. The A/C doesn't help either, sucking the moisture from every inch of my face. As soon as I don't apply lip balm fast or often enough, my lips start to flake. So the first step to care for my lips is that I need an excellent lip exfoliant. So I consult Vogue. These are its five top picks. And funny that I had just picked up one of them yesterday.

Smashbox Emulsion Lip Exfoliant .75 oz $18. This is the one I picked up yesterday. I can't wait to try it. This sugar-packed, peppermint-laced scrub/mask can be rubbed into lips and tissued off, or left on for five to ten minutes for deeper pucker-perfecting.

Philosophy Kiss Me Exfoliating Lip Scrub 0.5 oz $15. Treat your lips with this mildly gritty scrub nightly and wake up to a more kissable pout by morning.

The Lip Scrub by Sara Happ $20. Created by a beauty junkie with a serious gloss habit, this blend of exfoliating sugar and smoothing petrolatum softens flaky lips like nobody’s business. No wonder Charlize Theron, Kate Moss, and Lindsay Lohan are reported fans. In six mouth-watering flavors: Almond Crème, Brown Sugar, Cinnamon Sugar, Cocoa, Peppermint, and Vanilla Bean.


Tarte FRXtion 0.12 oz $11. This double-sided lip treatment, which features a skin-sloughing, sugar-based lip scuff on one side and a moisturizing, vitamin E-based balm on the other, comes in a small, mirrored case for smoothing and softening on the go.

Einstein Lip Therapy Hydrating Lip Cream $6. The brainchild of Benjamin Einstein, a co-founder of Hard Candy cosmetics, this leave-on lip lube is infused with granulated vitamin C to gently slough your smacker smooth and vitamins A and E to leave it silky-soft. For an extra-deep exfoliating treat, use a soft-bristle toothbrush to scrub the cream into your kisser.

(Source: vogue.com)

No comments: