Wednesday, August 29, 2007

This is gold!



This is what Miss South Carolina Teen, Caitlin Upton, 18, answered to the question "Recent polls have shown a fifth of Americans can't locate the U.S. on a world map. Why do you think this is?"

"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, um, some people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, I believe that our, uh, education like such as, uh, South Africa and, uh, the Iraq and everywhere like such as, and I believe that they should, uh, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, should help South Africa and should help Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future."

Check out the YouTube clip here.

She got a do-over Tuesday morning on NBC's Today show, where she explained she froze during the nationally televised Miss Teen USA Pageant. "Everybody makes a mistake. I'm human," explained the contestant, who went on to finish in fourth place. "Right when the question was asked of me, I was in shock." And this is what she said on Today show: "Personally, my friends and I, we know exactly where the United States is on a map. I don't know anyone else who doesn't. If the statistics are correct, I believe there should be more emphasis on geography in our education so people will learn how to read maps better."

I haven't laughed so hard in a very long time.

(Source: usatoday.com)

No comments: