Monday, February 26, 2007

Best-dressed

So the Oscars were last night. I didn't watch it. Did any of you watch it? But I did look at lots of pictures of stars in their gorgeous gowns. This year there were soooo many great gowns, it's really hard to pick a favorite. And strangely, there weren't realy any quirky/crazy outfits. Everybody was just more glamorous. Some of my favorites are:



Jennifer Lopez looked like a goddess in crystal-encrusted lilac silk Marchesa gown. And her hair is so gorgeous and old-hollywood glamorous!

Reese Witherspoon looked amazing! I think her body has never been this good ever. Good for her to get into such great shape after her divorce! The strapless, tiered Nina Ricci gown is such a gorgeous number, looks gorgous on her.

Kate Winslet looked simply beautiful in this pale green, one-shouldered Valentino gown. I think she looks the best when she's not trying to pull off some complicated gown. This one suited her perfectly, it's simple and feminine and the color is just so flattering.

Nicole Kidman looked so slim in her crimson Balenciaga dress. I heard some people aren't too crazy about the big bow. I really love the long trailing ribbon though.


I'm not too crazy about Jennifer Hudson's outfit though. She was getting so much buzz before the Oscars. People were wondering what she was going to wear. Her Oscar de la Renta chocolate chiffon gown is beautiful I think, but her cropped jacket I'm not too crazy about (apparently she had her own designer make the jacket), she should've just shown more skin and her curves.

Source: people.com

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I wasn't a fan of Kidman's dress. I suppose I can give her credit for attempting something a little different. Kate Winslet was breathtaking (as always.)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Jennifer Hudson's caplet thing was overkill. I wish she went for something with a deep V and a simple and classic cut.

Dinah said...

Reese Witherspoon looked so great. I was not a fan of Jennifer Hudson's silver cape it was really ugly and it did not go at all and I was so happy that she took it off when she got the award.

Moi said...

Ya Jennifer Hudson looked much better when she was accepting her award. Also, pretty good when she was performing.

Blooming Lily said...

All I could say while Jennifer was on the red carpet was "oh no, no, no..." Thank God she did not wear the awful Jetson capelet when she accepted!!